CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 5, 2007

Alonso: I'm staying at Anfield

I'm staying at Anfield
Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso has dismissed speculation linking him with a return to Spain.
The 25-year-old, who arrived from Real Sociedad during the summer of 2004, has instead vowed to play his part in reeling in third-placed Chelsea in the Barclays Premiership.
Alonso told the club's official website: 'I do not speak about the rumours of my return to Spain. I have a contract signed with the Reds and I am happy at this club.
'Now Liverpool are playing to our best level of the season. This is perfect for the beginning of the year with the next big challenges.
'To get to third place is very important for morale for us after the problems in the first months of the league. Now our objective is to consolidate the effort.'

No comments: